Remote Learning Support
Technology Tips - Laptop General Usage and Care Recommendations
Technology Tips - Pad General Usage and Care Recommendations
NEW Technology Tips - March 2021
Technical Support Ticket - Please use this form to submit all hardware issues.
General Technical Support
- FAQ About The New CPS Elementary 1:1 Computer Device Program
- When experiencing any difficulty with the laptop, please note that most problems can be solved with logging out and restarting the device.
- To keep the device in good working order, please remember to shut down or restart the device everyday or every other day.
- If you are experiencing consistent and unexpected webpage loading issues, be sure that the date and time are accurate on the laptop. The date and time will often reset if the laptop loses power for an extended period of time.
- Our school Internet filtering does not extend outside the school network. The best approach for families who would like Internet filtering at home would be to use parental controls on their router provided by their Internet provider (Comcast or Verizon). Using this approach would eliminate the need to install and manage any additional software on school devices going home.
- Please access this document for Laptop General Usage and Care Recommendations for your child's borrowed laptop (Grades 1-5).
- Please access this document for iPad General Usage and Care Recommendations for your child's borrowed iPad (Kindergarten).
- If the issue you are having does not fall under any of the above categories, you can fill out a Technical Support Ticket and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to share and discuss the terms of the agreement with your child.
- Google Classroom Overview
- Google Classroom - Troubleshooting For Students
- Google Classroom - Main Help Page
- How to Use Google Classroom For Parents
- How Students Complete Assignments
- Parent Guide To Google Classroom Playlist (8 Excellent Videos)
- Lexia Overview
- Lexia Help Center
- Please always access the Lexia Core5 program using the Alcott School specific link found under the Students tab on the Alcott website, or by using the App that is preinstalled on the CPS iPad.
- If you are loading the Lexia Core5 App on a personal tablet and need the teacher email to configure the App, please consult the Software At Home webpage.
- Dreambox Overview
- Dreambox Help Center
- Please always access the Dreambox program using the Alcott School specific link found under the Students tab on the Alcott website, or by using the App that is preinstalled on the CPS iPad.
- If you are loading the Dreambox App on a personal tablet and need the School Code to configure the App, please consult the Software At Home webpage.
- NEW Zearn Help Center - Logging In Away From School This page includes links for parents to learn more about how to log in, enter a Class Code, and viewing a child's progress. Please note that not all students/classrooms are using Zearn in 2020-2021.