MCAS Testing and Calendar 2021
Students in Grades 3, 4, and 5 will participate in MCAS testing in May. Here is some information about the testing:
- All tests take place in the morning, starting no later then 9:30.
- All testing is performed on the computer.
- The tests are not timed. Most students will finish each test in one to two hours. Those needing more time will have it provided in an alternative, quiet space.
- The tests involve multiple choice questions, short answer questions, and open response questions which may require writing answers in several well constructed paragraphs.
- Some changes may be made in the scheduling of Spanish, art, music, physical education, and library classes to accommodate the testing.
Here are some suggestions on how you can help your child come to school prepared to give his/her best effort on MCAS testing days:
- If your child is anxious about the tests, assure him/her that the teachers have taught what is needed for the students to be successful.
- Please make sure your child gets plenty of sleep prior to the tests.
- Give your child a hearty breakfast to start the day and pack nutritious snacks to enjoy during testing breaks.
- Please make sure your child arrives at school on time. MCAS testing usually begins before 9:30 in the morning.
Included below is the in-person MCAS testing schedule for Spring 2021. The Remote Academy MCAS testing schedule will be announced separately soon.
- Thursday, May 13 – English Language Arts
- Thursday, May 20 – Mathematics
- Tuesday, May 11 – English Language Arts
- Tuesday, May 18 – Mathematics
- Monday, May 10 – English Language Arts
- Monday, May 17 – Mathematics
- Monday, May 24- Science and Engineering