As was stated in the Concord Public Schools 2010-2015 Technology Plan, our students need access to technology resources that are comprehensive enough to equitably meet their educational needs and flexible enough to accommodate new curricula, new teaching practices, new technologies, and individual initiative.
Teachers and students at Alcott are very fortunate to have access to a wide range of technology resources that can be integrated into the K-5 curriculum.
Classroom Hardware found in Kindergarten - Grade 5 (Art and Music included)
- An interactive Promethean Activboard.
- A ceiling-mounted projector.
- Two desktop Apple iMacs (only one in Art and Music).
- A DVD/VCR player.
- A Lightspeed audio amplification system with 2 microphones.
- A Canon LiDE 210 scanner
- Access to a shared HP laser printer.
- The Computer Lab has 29 Apple iMacs, in addition to the hardware found in the regular classrooms.
- The Library has 10 Apple iMacs, in addition to the hardware found in the regular classrooms.
Laptop Computer Access
- Each second grade, third grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade classroom has a dedicated cart of 11 Apple MacBook Airs.
- The intermediate grades Learning Center has a dedicated cart of 10 Apple MacBook Airs.
- The intermediate grades Reading Classroom has a dedicated cart of 11 Apple MacBook Airs.
- The Library has a dedicated cart of 11 Apple MacBook Airs.
- We have a cart of 21 iPads available for teacher and student use in Grades 1-5. Many thanks to the Concord Education Fund for funding this grant.
- We have a cart of 40 iPad Mini's available for Kindergarten teacher and student use. Many thanks to the Concord Education Fund for funding this grant.
- Each substantially separate special education classroom has a cart of 5 iPads to use with students.
- Promethean Actiview camera.
- iPevo document cameras.
- USB microscopes.
- SAM Animation camera kits.
- Canon digital point-and-shoot cameras.
- Sony Bloggie video camera and Canon digital video cameras.